Sunday, November 11

views from the base of the Cupola of the Basilica di San Pietro

While in Rome this past summer, I had the opportunity to once again climb to the top of the Cupola of the Basilica di San Pietro (dome of St. Peter's Basilica).

After climbing 323 steps, I was treated to an amazing view from the interior gallery at the base of the Cupola. Although I chose to climb the first portion, there is also the choice of taking a lift to reach this point. However, from the base of the Cupola to the top, the only way to get there is by climbing more steps (I believe it was 228 more steps).

In this post, I would like to share a few pictures that I took from the interior gallery at the base of the Cupola.




IMG_2217a.JPG

IMG_2224.JPG

IMG_2223.JPG

IMG_2222.JPG

IMG_2229.JPG

IMG_2232.JPG

No comments: