Monday, November 12

onward to the top

After leaving the interior gallery at the base of the Cupola, I continued my climb to the top for some magnificent views. I took this picture from the roof below. If you look closely, you can see all the people along the bottom railing. This is where you end up when you reach the top.


The climb to the top became much more interesting. The stairs became narrower as you headed to the top. At one point, you start to climb round and round in little circles. This is definitely a climb I would not recommend for anyone who is claustrophobic.


As you get closer, the walls tip inwards and you need to lean to one side as you continue to climb.


This is the famous view from the top. I took this same picture during my first visit to Rome. After getting a digital camera, one of the things on my to do list was to return to take a digital picture of this view.


Imagine living here.



















And having this garden in your front lawn!



















More views from the top.



Heading back down...

No comments: