Wednesday, July 25

more of beautiful Bologna

I can't believe it has been 8 days since my last post. Where has all the time gone? When I returned home from my trip, I started to download all of my pictures onto my computer and ran out of room! I also ran out of room on my external hard drive. After doing a little research, I found a new external hard drive that seemed to meet my needs. It was delivered last Friday. While everyone was enjoying their new Harry Potter books, I spent 3 full days re-organizing my computer. I also learned a BIG lesson. If you have a Mac, DO NOT touch any of the folders or information in your iPhoto program. I was able to retrieve them all using iPhoto Library Manager, but it was a long process. My eyes were pretty blurry after all that work and so I avoided the computer for a few days after that, but now I am back.

For this post, I wanted to share more of Bologna. The following pictures are of the porticoes and the beautiful buildings and colors of Bologna.

IMG_0742.jpg

IMG_0740.JPG

IMG_0759.jpg

IMG_0892.JPG

The next three photos were taken inside the Palazzo Communale, one of the buildings in Piazza Maggiore. I learned from Everything Bologna that "the Pope had the stairs built with wooden planks at set intervals so that a horse drawn carriage (presumably his) could ride up to the second floor."

IMG_0882.JPG

IMG_0881.JPG

IMG_0875.JPG

This picture shows some of the colorful buildings you will see in Bologna.

IMG_0905.JPG

And finally, here is my amazing "single" room at Hotel San Porta Mamolo in Bologna!! Check out the couch!! AND look at all that space! A great find!!

IMG_0736.JPG

No comments: